- Learn to perform penetration tests with BackTrack 5
- Nearly 100 recipes designed to teach penetration testing principles and build knowledge of BackTrack 5 Tools
- Provides detailed step-by-step instructions on the usage of many of BackTrack’s popular and not-so- popular tools
What you will learn from this book
- Install and set up BackTrack 5 on multiple platforms
- Customize BackTrack to fit your individual needs
- Exploit vulnerabilities found with Metasploit
- Locate vulnerabilities Nessus and OpenVAS
- Provide several solutions to escalate privileges on a compromised machine
- Learn how to use BackTrack in all phases of a penetration test
- Crack WEP/WPA/WPA2 Encryption
- Learn how to monitor and eavesdrop on VOIP networks
Willie Pritchett, MBA, is a seasoned developer and security enthusiast who has over 20 years of experience in the IT field. He is currently the Chief Executive at Mega Input Data Services, Inc., a full service database management firm specializing in secure and data-driven application development and also in staffing services. He has worked with state and local government agencies, as well as helped many small businesses reach their goals through technology. Willie has several industry certifications and currently trains students on various topics, including ethical hacking and penetration testing.
David De Smet
David De Smet has worked in the software industry since 2007 and is the founder and CEO of iSoftDev Co., where he is responsible for many varying tasks, including but not limited to consultant, customer requirements specification analysis, software design, software implementation, software testing, software maintenance, database development, and web design. He is so passionate about what he does that he spends inordinate amounts of time in the software development area. He also has a keen interest in the hacking and network security field and provides network security assessments to several companies.