Philip Hung Cao (aka TekFarmer Dharmakāya #tekfarmer), MSCS, ZTX-I, CCISO, CISM, CCSP, CCSK, CASP, GICSP, PCNSE is a Strategist, Advisor, Contributor, Educator and Motivator. He’s also a Cyber & Zero Trust Evangelist. He has 21 years’ experience in IT/Cybersecurity industry in various sectors & positions.
- One of the very first few people on the globe that were certified by Forrester as Zero Trust Strategist (ZTX-I): to-date, the first Vietnamese on the globe, in August 2019
- The 1st Vietnamese featured on EC-Council Elite Members’ Wall for C|CISO, as an inspiration to others in the industry and community, in August 2019
- The 5th in ASEAN and 1st person in Vietnam to achieve Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) from (ISC)² in May 2016
- The 1st person in Vietnam to achieve Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) from Cloud Security Alliance in April 2014
Philip is actively participating in global ICT/Cybersecurity associations such as (ISC)², IEEE, ISACA, IAPP, ISA, IASA, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA)… and constantly driving cybersecurity activities across Southeast Asia countries in recent years. He’s also participating in Vietnam ICT/Cybersecurity associations such as: Member of Vietnam Information Security Association (VNISA) since 2008; Board of Advisors (2011) & Member Board of Judges (2015, 2016, 2017) for ASEAN CIO/CSO Awards by IDG; Co-founder & Advisor, Cloud Security Alliance, Vietnam Community (#CSAVietnam); Co-founder & Advisor, (ISC)² Ho Chi Minh City Chapter; Co-founder & Vice Chairman, ISACA HCMC Chapter Formation Committee; Co-founder & Motivator of CISO Vietnam Community; Board Advisor of CyberKid Vietnam… He’s also a keynote speaker at TEDxHUS and other top industry conferences, as well as Creator & Host at Ask Me Anything: CYBER.
Philip graduated from EC-Council University with a degree of Master of Science in Cyber Security (MSCS): Executive Leadership in Information Assurance, and held an Advanced Computer Security Certificate from Stanford University. He can be reached anytime at https://philipcao.com or https://linkedin.com/in/philipcao.
Contributions and Dedications
• Philip Hung Cao constantly contributes his time, knowledge and efforts to Community.
– You can see all of his contributions listed here: https://philipcao.com/contribution-community/
|October 2013 – Present|
|Contributor, Educator and Motivator|
• Philip Hung Cao constantly contributes his time, knowledge and efforts to University.
– You can see all of his contributions listed here: https://philipcao.com/contribution-university/
|October 2013 – Present|
Key Projects and Highlights
|CISO Vietnam Community|
|Co-founder & Motivator|
• CISO Vietnam Community is a community which shares the vision and mission to build the next-generation Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in Vietnam.
– Official group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cisovietnam
|January 2022 – Present|
|Ask Me Anything: CYBER|
|Creator & Host|
• Ask Me Anything: CYBER is a real-world experience show created and hosted by Philip Hung Cao (aka @TekFarmer) to promote Cybersecurity in Vietnam.
– Official page on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/company/amacyber
– Official page on Facebook: https://facebook.com/askmeanything.cyber
– Official TV channel on YouTube: https://youtube.com/c/TekFarmerTV
|November 2021 – Present|
|(ISC)² Ho Chi Minh City Chapter|
|Co-founder & Advisor|
• Philip Hung Cao founded (ISC)² HCMC Chartering Chapter in October 2021, with the other co-founders: Robert Trong Tran (President) & Tran Ngoc Minh (Vice President). In June 2022, it becomes official chapter with the name (ISC)² Ho Chi Minh City Chapter.
– Official page on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/company/isc2hcmchapter
– Official page on Facebook: https://facebook.com/isc2hcmchapter
|October 2021 – Present|
• Philip Hung Cao was on the stage of TEDxHUS on October 30, 2021 to deliver a speech about the Role and Value of Cybersecurity in The Next Normal.
– Original post: https://philipcao.com/2021/10/31/my-speech-at-tedxhus-role-and-value-of-cybersecurity-in-the-next-normal/
|October 30, 2021|
• Philip Hung Cao became a Member of Advisory Board for CyberKid Vietnam in December 2020.
– Official website: https://cyberkid.vn/doi-ngu-cua-chung-toi/
|December 2020 – Present|
• Philip Hung Cao co-founded CISO Club Vietnam (#CISOClubVN) in December 2016, with the mission to build the next-generation Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) in Vietnam.
|December 2016 – Present|
• #PHC//Audio is founded by Philip Hung Cao (philipcao.com) in May 2016. This is dedicated to his passion of so-called “low-end” Audio.
– Official website: https://phc-audio.com/
|May 2016 – Present|
|Cloud Security Alliance, Vietnam (#CSAVietnam)|
|Key-founder & Advisor|
• Philip Hung Cao founded Cloud Security Alliance, Vietnam (#CSAVietnam) in September 2015, with the other co-founders: Son Ho & Khoi Ngo.
• Cloud Security Alliance, Vietnam (#CSAVietnam) is an Open & Developing Community under Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), with mission to:
– Promote the adoption and application of cloud technologies and cloud security technologies innovations in Vietnam.
– Create a special task force to help organisations adopt CSA best practices for the security assurance of Cloud Computing to secure their cloud computing projects and initiatives.
– Localize and facilitate the adoption of CSA Global research papers and guidelines to Vietnam market.
– Organise activities to help the local security community to keep abreast with the latest Cloud Security technology.
– Awareness and promotion of the Cloud Security education and certification, including CSA CCSK.
– Official website: https://csavietnam.org/
|September 2015 – Present|
|ISACA HCMC Chapter, Formation Committee|
|Co-founder & Vice Chairman|
• Philip Hung Cao co-founded ISACA HCMC Chapter, Formation Committee in August 2015.
|August 2015 – Present|
• SEC1® is founded by Philip Hung Cao (philipcao.com) in December 2013. This is dedicated to his passion of CyberSecurity.
|December 2013 – Present|
• RockWorld.vn is founded by Philip HungCao (philipcao.com) in May 2012. He is a rockfan/rocker with a very deep passion of more than 25-years for Rock n’ Roll. He is well-known with Rock Community in Vietnam with his nickname, KurtOfDeath (K.O.D), since his first role as Moderator for the first online Vietnamese Rock Community: RockCafe.vze
• Philip started to build website that contributed to Rock since 1998 with Magic Lyrics on Yahoo Geocities, then he changed to http://www.nghetructuyen.org in 2001. It was one of the first online music sharing & listening website in Vietnam at that time. At peak, it reached #80,000 on Alexa Rating with thousands of online users. Unfortunately, http://www.nghetructuyen.org closed in 2004 due to personal reason. He decided to go back with his newest project for Rock, RockWorld.vn, in 2012.
– Official website: https://rockworld.vn/
|May 2012 – Present|
|University of Oxford, Saïd Business School|
|• Oxford Executive Leadership Programme (Grade: 97.3/100)||Apr 2022 – Jun 2022|
|• Master of Science in Cyber Security (MSCS): Executive Leadership in Information Assurance||2019|
|• 2019 – Cyber Security and Executive Strategy|
• 2016 – Stanford Advanced Computer Security Certificate (SACS)
|2016 – 2019|
|Microsoft Virtual Academy|
|• Security for the Chief Security Officer (CSO)|
|• Chief Information Security Officer (CISO)|
|Ingram Micro Asia|
|• Palo Alto Networks: Firewall Installation, Configuration and Management (PAN-EDU-201)|
• Motorola Solutions: Design and Deploy WLAN Solutions (AAL2301)
• Arbor Networks: Pravail NSI Sales & Technical Module
• Cisco Systems: Collaboration Partner SE Boot Camp
• Cisco Systems: UCS Advanced Technical Training
• Cisco Systems: VXI Implementation
• Hitachi NAS Platform: Installation & Maintenance (TCI2035)
• Hitachi NAS Platform: Administration & Operations (TCI2102)
• Palo Alto Networks: CNSE Boot Camp
• Cisco Systems: UCS & Nexus Integration
• Cisco Systems: Unified Data Center Accelerated Workshop
• Cisco Systems: Cisco ASA CX and PRSM Technical Training
• Cisco Systems: Cisco Unified Computing System for Implementation Professionals v5.0 (UCS-IP)
|Avnet Technology Solutions (Vietnam)|
|• Motorola DPM Training (EDUADC401)|
• IBM Power Systems & System Storage Technical Symposium 2011
|• Stanford University: Computer Science 101 (CS101)|
• SNIA Storage Network Foundations (S10-101)
Honors and Awards
|“1st Prize” of IBM developerWorks Contest in Vietnam||03 | 2011|
|“2nd Prize” and “The Best Performance Prize” from FPT Distribution Music Contest in Vietnam||04 | 2016|