Language : English
Paperback : 142 pages [ 235mm x 191mm ]
Release Date : November 2012
ISBN : 184968846X
ISBN 13 : 9781849688468
Author(s) : Sanjeev Datta
- Step-by-step, how to guide, for installing and configuring IBM Cognos Insight for your needs
- Learn how to build Financial, Marketing and Sales workspaces in Cognos Insight
- Learn how to integrate and collaborate with IBM Cognos Business Intelligence
What you will learn from this book
- Import Data by dragging and dropping spreadsheets or using the Import Wizard. Map the data into TM1 cubes, dimensions and measures.
- Building New Cubes, Dimensions and Measures.
- Build simple Calculations and Variances with Exceptional Highlights.
- Using TM1 Rules to build complex calculations.
- Learn how to Drill down and Drill up on Crosstabs and Charts.
- Refresh data using silent or guided refreshes. Share and distribute Workspaces to larger workgroups.
- Write back data into cells and spread data across cell sections.
- How to design workspaces and add new widgets.
Sanjeev Datta is a seasoned Consultant, passionate text and video blogger, and Business Analytics enthusiast. As Practice Director at PerformanceG2, Inc., he works extensively with executives and decision-makers across finance, manufacturing, retail, and pharmaceuticals as a trusted advisor in corporate performance management, building client relationships and managing Business Analytics implementations. Sanjeev’s work as a strong Project Manager, Pre-sales and Post-sales Consultant, trainer, and mentor has led to many successful implementations. While at Merador, LLC, Sanjeev worked as a Consultant/Architect building solutions for global organizations. Previous to that, Sanjeev was a Cognos Developer/Consultant while at Softpath Systems, LLC and lead successful Cognos BI solutions and developed Cognos BI training material for numerous clients. He is certified in numerous IBM products and is an IBM Technical Specialist and IBM Sales Mastery Professional. Sanjeev has a degree in Computer Science from Mumbai University and a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies from The University of Texas. Connect with Sanjeev on LinkedIn or Twitter: @1dsanjeev