Title: PHP & MySQL: The Missing Manual, 2nd Edition
By: Brett McLaughlin
Publisher: O’Reilly Media / Pogue Press
Formats: Print, Ebook, Safari Books Online
Print: November 2012
Ebook: November 2012
Print ISBN: 978-1-4493-2557-2| ISBN 10:1-4493-2557-2
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-4493-5553-1| ISBN 10:1-4493-5553-6
The important stuff you need to know:
- Get up to speed quickly. Learn how to install PHP and MySQL, and get them running on both your computer and a remote server.
- Gain new techniques. Take advantage of the all-new chapter on integrating PHP with HTML web pages.
- Manage your content. Use the file system to access user data, including images and other binary files.
- Make it dynamic. Create pages that change with each new viewing.
- Build a good database. Use MySQL to store user information and other data.
- Keep your site working. Master the tools for fixing things that go wrong.
- Control operations. Create an administrative interface to oversee your site.
Brett McLaughlin is a bestselling and award-winning non-fiction author. His books on computer programming, home theater, and analysis and design have sold in excess of 100,000 copies. He has been writing, editing, and producing technical books for nearly a decade, and is as comfortable in front of a word processor as he is behind a guitar, chasing his two sons and his daughter around the house, or laughing at reruns of Arrested Development with his wife.
Brett spends most of his time these days on cognitive theory, codifying and expanding on the learning principles that shaped the Head First series into a bestselling phenomenon. He’s curious about how humans best learn, why Star Wars was so formulaic and still so successful, and is adamant that a good video game is the most effective learning paradigm we have.