Title: Building Web, Cloud, and Mobile Solutions with F#
By: Daniel Mohl
Publisher: O’Reilly Media
Formats: Print, Ebook, Safari Books Online
Print: December 2012
Ebook: November 2012
Print ISBN: 978-1-4493-3376-8| ISBN 10:1-4493-3376-1
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-4493-3371-3| ISBN 10:1-4493-3371-0
Learn how to build key aspects of web, cloud, and mobile solutions by combining F# with various .NET and open source technologies. With helpful examples, this hands-on book shows you how to tackle concurrency, asynchrony, and other server-side challenges. You’ll quickly learn how to be productive with F#, whether you want to integrate the language into your existing web application or use it to create the next Twitter.
If you’re a mid- to senior-level .NET programmer, you’ll discover how this expressive functional-first language helps you write robust, maintainable, and reusable solutions that scale easily and target multiple devices.
- Use F# with ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, WCF, Windows Azure, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery Mobile, and other tools
- Build next-generation ASP.NET MVC 4 web applications, using F# to do the heavy lifting on the server
- Create WCF SOAP and HTTP web services
- Develop F# web applications and services that run on Windows Azure
- Build scalable solutions that allow reuse by mobile and web front-ends
- Use F# with the WebSharper and Pit frameworks to build end-to-end web stacks
Daniel Mohl is a Microsoft F# MVP, F# and C# Insider, blogger, speaker, and event organizer. He blogs at blog.danielmohl.com and you can follow him on Twitter at twitter.com/dmohl.