Title: Start Here!™ Learn HTML5
By: Faithe Wempen
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Formats: Print, Ebook, Safari Books Online
Print: November 2012
Ebook: November 2012
Print ISBN: 978-0-7356-6982-6| ISBN 10:0-7356-6982-1
Ebook ISBN: 978-0-7356-6981-9| ISBN 10:0-7356-6981-3
Ready to learn HTML5 programming? Start Here!
Learn the fundamentals of programming with HTML5—and begin building your first standards-based web pages from the ground up. If you have absolutely no previous experience, no problem—simply start here! This book introduces must-know concepts and getting-started techniques through easy-to-follow explanations, examples, and exercises.
Here’s where you start learning HTML5
- Create a web site using HTML5 tags in a simple text editor
- Use semantic tags to make your pages easier to layout and find
- Draw in HTML5 using the canvas element
- Embed audio and video in your web pages
- Get HTML5 to work in older browsers
- Develop your future skills in web design
Faithe Wempen, M.A., is an adjunct instructor of Computer Technology. She develops web sites and writes and teaches online computer training.