Title: iPod: The Missing Manual, 11th Edition
By: J.D. BiersdorferWith:David Pogue
Publisher: O’Reilly Media
Formats: Print, Ebook, Safari Books Online
Print: December 2012
Ebook: December 2012
Print ISBN: 978-1-4493-1619-8| ISBN 10:1-4493-1619-0
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-4493-4429-0| ISBN 10:1-4493-4429-1
Apple’s iPods continue to set the bar for media players, with bold new features like the Touch’s supersized screen and Siri voice control. But iPods still lack a guide to all their features. That’s where this full-color book comes in. It shows you how to play music, movies, and slideshows; shoot photos and videos; and navigate Apple’s redesigned iTunes media-management program.
The important stuff you need to know:
- Fill it up. Load your iPod with music, photos, movies, TV shows, games, ebooks, and podcasts.
- Manage your stuff. Download media and apps from the iTunes and App Stores, then organize your collection.
- Tackle the Touch. Send email and instant messages, make FaceTime calls, and shoot photos and HD video with the Touch’s 5-megapixel camera.
- Go wireless. Use the Touch’s new iOS 6 software to sync content wirelessly.
- Relish the Nano. Enjoy video and photos on the Nano’s new big screen, and chart your workouts with the Nike+ pedometer.
- Master the Shuffle and Classic. Get mucho music on the little Shuffle, and use the Classic’s giant hard drive to tote around your audio and video collections.
- Pump it up. Blast iPod tunes through your home and car stereo.
J.D. Biersdorfer is the best-selling author of iPad: The Missing Manual, Best iPhone Apps (Second Edition), Netbooks: The Missing Maunal, and The iPod Shuffle Fan Book. She is the co-author of iPod: The Missing Manual, Google: The Missing Manual (Second Edition), iPhoto ’09: The Missing Manual, and The Internet: The Missing Manual. She has authored the weekly technology column “Q&A” for the New York Times since 1998 and often writes about art, books, and design for other sections of The Times. J.D. also co-hosts the independent Pop Tech Jam audio podcast, which explores current events in the world of technology and geek culture.