Title: Windows Server 2012: Up and Running
By: Samara Lynn
Publisher: O’Reilly Media
Formats: Print, Ebook, Safari Books Online
Print: December 2012 (est.)
Ebook: November 2012
Pages: 258 (est.)
Print ISBN: 978-1-4493-2075-1| ISBN 10:1-4493-2075-9
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-4493-2074-4| ISBN 10:1-4493-2074-0
If your organization plans to move to a cloud infrastructure from a LAN or WAN, this book shows you how to do it efficiently with Windows Server 2012. Experienced Windows administrators will learn how to deploy, configure, and manage the server’s expanded capabilities and features step-by-step, using clear examples and numerous screen shots. You’ll also discover how to integrate employees’ private mobile devices into your corporate network.
Whether you intend to take your infrastructure to a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, Windows Server 2012 provides the virtualization technology to get you there. This book helps you put it to work.
- Control your entire Windows infrastructure from the Server Manager console
- Learn how Active Directory Domain Services provide more centralized network administration
- Use Dynamic Access Control to manage data and user permissions
- Provide data integrity and fault tolerance with Storage Spaces and ReFS
- Gain robust management of virtual environments with Hyper V R3
- Master networking tools such as IPAM to help you move to the cloud
- Connect clients to network resources through Unified Remote Access
Samara Lynn has over fifteen years experience in Information Technology; most recent as IT Director at a major New York City healthcare facility. She is a Lead Networking and Business Analyst at PCMag.com. She has several technology certifications, a Bachelor’s degree from Brooklyn College and was a Technology Editor for the CRN Test Center.