The authoritative and timely guide to ALM from Microsoft insiders and MVPs
Focused on the latest release of Visual Studio, this edition shows you how to use the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) capabilities of Visual Studio 2012 to streamline software design, development, and testing. Divided into six main parts, this timely and authoritative title covers Team Foundation Server, stakeholder engagement, project management, architecture, software development, and testing. Whether serving as a step-by-step guide or a reference for designing software solutions, this book offers a nuts-and-bolts approach to using Microsoft’s flagship development tools to solve real-world challenges throughout the application lifecycle.
- INTRODUCTION TO APPLICATION LIFECYCLE MANAGEMENT WITH VISUAL STUDIO
- INTRODUCTION TO TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER
- TEAM FOUNDATION VERSION CONTROL
- TEAM FOUNDATION BUILD
- COMMON TEAM FOUNDATION SERVER
- INTRODUCTION TO BUILDING
- CAPTURING STAKEHOLDER FEEDBACK
- AGILE PLANNING AND TRACKING
- INTRODUCTION TO SOFTWARE ARCHITECTURE
- TOP-DOWN DESIGN WITH USE CASE
- ANALYZING APPLICATIONS USING
- USING LAYER DIAGRAMS TO MODEL
- INTRODUCTION TO SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- UNIT TESTING
- CODE ANALYSIS, CODE METRICS
- PROFILING AND PERFORMANCE
- DEBUGGING WITH INTELLITRACE
- INTRODUCTION TO SOFTWARE TESTING
- MANUAL TESTING
- CODED USER INTERFACE TESTING
- WEB PERFORMANCE AND LOAD TESTING
- LAB MANAGEMENT
Professional Application Lifecycle Management with Visual Studio 2012 offers a thoroughly revised and updated edition of the leading reference book on ALM.
Mickey Gousset is a principal consultant for Infront Consulting Group, a Microsoft ALM MVP, and coauthor of several ALM books.
Brian Keller is a senior technical evangelist for Microsoft, the coauthor of several books, and has presented at conferences all over the world.
Martin Woodward is a senior program manager for Visual Studio Team Foundation Server at Microsoft. He has coauthored several ALM books, presents on the topic at conferences around the world and is a former Visual Studio ALM MVP of the Year.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.