Title: Exam Ref 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server® 2012
By: J.C. Mackin
Publisher: Microsoft Press
Formats: Print, Ebook, Safari Books Online
Print: November 2012
Ebook: October 2012
Print ISBN: 978-0-7356-7304-5| ISBN 10:0-7356-7304-7
Ebook ISBN: 978-0-7356-7299-4| ISBN 10:0-7356-7299-7
Prepare for Exam 70-417—and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of Windows Server 2012 core infrastructure services. Microsoft Exam 70-417 is an upgrade exam that is a composite of three standalone exams: 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412. Exam 70-417 validates skills related to the core technology features and functionality of Windows Server 2012, from the existing knowledge base of a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows Server 2008.
Exam Ref is organized by exam objectives and features challenging, what-if scenarios that focus on the critical skills and knowledge measured by the certification exam.
When you pass Exam 70-417, you complete the requirements for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification. It also counts as credit toward MCSE: Server Infrastructure and MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure (additional exams required).
EXAM 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
- Install and Configure Servers
- Configure Server Roles and Features
- Configure Hyper-V
- Install and Administer Active Directory
EXAM 70-411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- Deploy, Manage, and Maintain Servers
- Configure Network Services and Access
- Configure a Network Policy Server Infrastructure
- Configure and Manage Active Directory
- Configure and Manage Group Policy
EXAM 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- Configure and Manage High Availability
- Configure File and Storage Solutions
- Implement Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Configure Network Services
- Configure Identity and Access Solutions
J.C. Mackin, MCITP, MCSE, is a writer, editor, consultant and Microsoft Certified Trainer. He has coauthored several certification-prep books for Microsoft Press, including for Exams 70-642 and 70-647.