October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month—an important moment in time that reminds us of a global priority that impacts all of us and our organizations every day.
Cyber security—making our digital world safer and more secure—is everyone’s responsibility. At ISACA, we take very seriously our responsibility to equip cyber security professionals around the world with the tools, credentials, education and community they need to meet cyber security challenges head on.
ISACA is a champion of National Cyber Security Awareness Month and is offering several events and initiatives as part of our Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX). Opportunities include in-person and online events and resources for continuing education, skills building and tools to help you strengthen the security of your enterprises and enhance your careers.
This October is the perfect time to take advantage of the many opportunities available through CSX:
- CSX 2015 North America Conference—ISACA is hosting its inaugural cyber security conference in Washington DC, USA, from 19-21 October. The event also will host the World Finals of CyberLympics , an international cyber security competition of ethical hacking.
- A free webinar titled “Dramatically Advancing Your Cyber Security Career with CSX ” on 13 October. ISACA members who attend the one-hour webinar can earn one continuing professional education (CPE) credit.
- Results of a global study on advanced persistent threats on 19 October.
- Free virtual conference. “The Cyber Centric Enterprise: Maintaining a Dynamic Security Posture in a Chaotic Threat Environment” will be held on 28 October. ISACA members can earn five CPE credits.
- Twitter chats with Stay Safe Online (all at 3PM EDT using hashtag #chatSTC)
- 8 October—How to Create a Culture of Cybersecurity at Any Organization
- 22 October—Cybersecurity & The Evolving Internet of Things
- 29 October—So You Want to Work in Cybersecurity
- ISACA Now Blog will feature a series of weekly cyber security-related blog posts throughout October.
- The new CSX Threat Watch, which keeps you up to date on the latest cyber threats
I encourage you to use Cyber Security Awareness Month as an opportunity to dedicate time to enhancing your skills and knowledge, and advancing your cyber security career. Below are some ways you can do that:
- Cybersecurity Fundamentals Certificate online course and exam
- CSX Practitioner certification training labs, courses and performance-based exam
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification courses and exam
- Implementing NIST Cybersecurity Framework Using COBIT 5 course
- COBIT 5 Assessor for Security course and designation
Additionally, check with your ISACA chapter to discover more cyber security offerings that are available to you locally.
I challenge you to use the next 31 days to build your cyber security skills, educate your community and colleagues about cyber security, and become more familiar with all of the ways we can help you establish and advance your cyber security careers.
Christos K. Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC
ISACA International President
[ISACA Now Blog]