- IOActive hacked at ATM at Black Hat. I guess drinks are on them?
- Espionage was just a red herring. Apparently hackers in North Korea are looking for cash, not secrets.
- DefCon attendees shredded voting machines – some still being used in U.S. elections. Don’t worry, it’s for research.
- “If all your friends were downloading torrents, then would you too?” It seems like everyone is doing it, but even downloading just the BitTorrent clients (the software needed to run them) can make your device and data vulnerable to infection.
- Inspired by DefCon, Naked Security took a deep dive into Dark Data and found that digital breadcrumbs are often giving away your identity.
- 1.5 terabytes?! That’s how much content hackers say they grabbed from HBO. A Game of Thrones script has already leaked and more is said to be coming.
- In “Yes, cyber is still everyone’s problem” news, 35% of execs say cybersecurity concerns have squashed a merger or acquisition.