SINGAPORE – May 11, 2016 – The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), the world’s leading organization dedicated to defining and raising awareness of best practices to help ensure a secure cloud computing environment, announced today that it hosted its 5th annual CSA APAC Summit in Singapore, beginning May 3rd. The weeklong event was attended by thought leaders, policy and decision makers representing key industry organizations, cloud customers, and the R&D community. Attendees represented both end-user and industry viewpoints and provided networking and business opportunities. The event was a curtain raiser for IDA’s CloudAsia 2016, which occurred May 3-5 also in Singapore.
The keynote presentations this year featured:
- Khoong Hock Yun, Assistant Chief Executive Officer (Development) and Chief Data Officer of Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA)
- Daniele Cattedde, Chief Technology Officer of Cloud Security Alliance
- David Shearer, CEO of (ISC)2
- Dr. Meng-Chow Kang, Chief Information Security Officer, APJC Region of Cisco Systems, Inc.
- Evan Dumas, Head, Emerging Technologies APAC, Middle East, & Africa of Check Point
- Martin Leo, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Todd Partridge, Director of Product Marketing of Intralinks Holdings, Inc
- Wally Lee, Cybersecurity Architect, Cybersecurity Global Practice of Microsoft
A complete agenda for CSA’s APAC Summit can be found here.
This year’s event also included a number of key panel presentations focused on emerging trends and issues in cloud computing:
- “Overcoming the Top Threats to Cloud Computing” by Eric T. Ashdown of Cyber Security Managing Partner of Ridge Partners LLC, Kawin Boonyapredee of Qualys, Mandar Bale of FireEye & Benildus Nadar of Deep Identity chaired by Luciano “J.R.” Santos, Executive Vice President of Research of Cloud Security Alliance
- “Cloud and the Enterprise 2016” chaired by Jimmy Sng, Partner, of PricewaterhouseCoopers with panelists across Information Security Manager of Waikato District Health Board, Audit Director for Technology of Australia and New Zealand Banking Group, Technical Advisor of Asia Pacific of (ISC)2 & Security Consultant at Hewlett-Packard Enterprise
The theme of this year’s summit centered on how the future of information security lies in the cloud. An earlier CSA survey conducted identified mobile security as an area of concern. CSA’s Mobile Application Security Testing (MAST) working group, which strives to create a more secured cloud ecosystem to protect mobile applications, will be releasing the Mobile Application Security Testing (MAST) whitepaper after going through 4 months of public review process. Co-chair Keng Lee discussed this whitepaper during the summit. The whitepaper will also be used in the development of a new certification scheme, CSA STAR Mobile that will test and certify mobile applications. There may be additional scope of work that will address application store security issues among others.
CSA also hosted its 4th annual APAC Chapter Leadership Workshop on May 4, an annual event that provides a platform to report Chapter activities and progress and work plan for the year. 25 Chapters out of 31 across Asia Pacific participated in this workshop to discuss the Chapter strategies moving forward for this year.
On May 5, CSA hosted its 1st in-person CSA STAR Certification Summit. This Summit brought Certification Bodies and representatives from Governments from Asia Pacific, Europe and Americas together to discuss the future of cloud computing certification and assurance, while also addressing current challenges on cloud computing security and privacy assurance and compliance. This invitation only event focused on building strategies on CSA National Certification approach and roadmap.
The CSA CXO luncheon also occurred on May 5. Senior government officials and corporate decision makers participated in the quarterly lunch, which is theme based and facilitated by a research analyst. The takeaways received from the luncheon create continuous touch points until the next luncheon.
For more information on the CSA APAC Summit and other line of events, please contact email@example.com.
About Cloud Security Alliance
The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is the world’s leading organization dedicated to defining and raising awareness of best practices to help ensure a secure cloud computing environment. CSA harnesses the subject matter expertise of industry practitioners, associations, governments, and its corporate and individual members to offer cloud security-specific research, education, certification, events and products. CSA’s activities, knowledge and extensive network benefit the entire community impacted by cloud — from providers and customers, to governments, entrepreneurs and the assurance industry — and provide a forum through which diverse parties can work together to create and maintain a trusted cloud ecosystem.
Kari Walker for the CSA
[Cloud Security Alliance Research News]