The Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) is a not-for-profit organization with a mission to promote the use of best practices for providing security assurance within Cloud Computing, and to provide education on the uses of Cloud Computing to help secure all other forms of computing. The Cloud Security Alliance is led by a broad coalition of industry practitioners, corporations, associations and other key stakeholders.
The issues and opportunities of cloud computing gained considerable notice in 2008 within the information security community. At the ISSA CISO Forum in Las Vegas, in November of 2008, the concept of the Cloud Security Alliance was born. Following a presentation of emerging trends by Jim Reavis that included a call for action for securing cloud computing, Reavis and Nils Puhlmann outlined the initial mission and strategy of the CSA. A series of organizational meetings with industry leaders in early December 2008 formalized the founding of the CSA. Our outreach to the information security community to create our initial work product for the 2009 RSA Conference resulted in dozens of volunteers to research, author, edit and review our first whitepaper.
We are leading a new era in cybersecurity by protecting thousands of enterprise, government, and service provider networks from cyber threats. Because of our deep expertise, commitment to innovation and game-changing security platform, thousands of customers have chosen us and we are the fastest growing security company in the market.
Our security platform natively brings together all key network security functions, including advanced threat protection, firewall, IDS/IPS, and URL filtering. Because these functions are natively-built into the platform and share important information across the respective disciplines, we ensure better security than legacy firewalls, UTMs, or point threat detection products.
With our platform, organizations can safely enable the use of all applications, maintain complete visibility and control, confidently pursue new technology initiatives like cloud and mobility, and protect the organization from cyber attacks — known and unknown.
Company Fast Facts
- More than 16,000 customers in over 120 countries across multiple industries
- More than 65 of the Fortune 100 rely on us to improve their cybersecurity posture
- Ranked an enterprise firewall market leader by Gartner in 2011 and 2012 (published Feb 2013)
- FY’13 revenues grew 55% year over year – more than any other publicly traded competitor
in our market
- Added more than 1,000 customers per quarter for the last 9 consecutive quarters
- Partnered with elite IT leaders such as VMware, Citrix, Splunk, and Symantec
- Named “best place to work” by the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- Over 1,375 employees worldwide
- Global support organization with teams in the Americas, EMEA, Asia, and Japan
- IPO July 2012; stock symbol on the NYSE: PANW
[Source: Cloud Security Alliance]